As we step into the third week of the comprehensive 10-week Entrepreneur Transformation Program by BREED Learning for Good, we are thrilled to share the progress and insightful experiences our cohorts have gained so far.
Recap of Week 1 and Week 2
The first two weeks of the program brought our six cohorts from diverse backgrounds, including the youngest in Year 11, together to delve into an intensive and enlightening learning experience. Our mix of early-stage and aspiring entrepreneurs explored various aspects crucial to successful entrepreneurship, such as:
- The importance of mindset in business success: A growth-oriented mindset can help entrepreneurs embrace challenges, persist in the face of setbacks, see effort as a path to mastery, learn from criticism, and find lessons and inspiration in the success of others – all crucial elements for business success.
- Factors contributing to small business failure: Understanding the common causes of small business failure, such as insufficient capital, poor management, inadequate business planning, and lack of market research, can enable entrepreneurs to strategise effectively and navigate potential pitfalls.
- Understanding mission, vision, and values: A clear mission statement articulates the business’s purpose, a compelling vision paints a picture of future success, and robust values guide decision-making and behaviour within the organisation – together, they form the guiding star for a business.
- Mastery of emotional intelligence: Emotional intelligence, which includes self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy, and social skills, allows entrepreneurs to effectively manage their emotions and relationships, which can significantly contribute to their success in the business environment.
- Key leadership principles: Understanding leadership principles such as leading by example, effective communication, fostering a positive culture, and decision-making can empower entrepreneurs to guide their teams towards achieving business goals effectively.
- Effective goal setting and goal achievement strategies: Setting clear, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART) goals, and using effective strategies to achieve them, can keep a business on track and focused on success.
- The empathy mapping and design thinking process: Empathy mapping helps entrepreneurs to understand their customers’ needs and feelings, and the design thinking process uses this understanding to identify problems, generate solutions, prototype, and test, leading to more innovative and customer-centric products or services.
Spotlight on Some Of Our Participants
Our program is benefiting a diverse group of individuals with unique entrepreneurial dreams and aspirations. Let’s get to know a few of them:
Daniel: Currently studying in Year 11 at Cathwest Innovation College, Daniel is passionate about launching a coffee roaster. His journey with BREED started with a 6-week Young Entrepreneur Program at Cathwest, and now he’s our second student from Cathwest to undertake this transformative 10-week program.
Tania: An existing business owner, Tania runs a mental health training business. She is keen on renewing her entrepreneurial journey by introducing new services and fostering a positive, sustainable mindset. Tania has previously participated in various BREED workshops, including a half-day Financial Management Workshop.
Lincoln: As a young aspiring entrepreneur who’s faced numerous life challenges, Lincoln has several business ideas. He hopes to gain the motivation and mentoring support he needs to realise his dreams and connect with like-minded individuals.
The Upcoming WEXPO
Mark your calendars for 5th September! Daniel, Tania, and Lincoln are preparing to showcase their businesses at the upcoming WEXPO Blacktown, hosted at Blacktown Workers Club. This event spotlights local businesses and community groups and includes two unique community leaders’ forums. As part of BREED’s mission to incubate local businesses, we’ve provided these participants with complimentary spaces in our exclusive BREED Zone.
The transformative journey of our participants is just beginning, and we can’t wait to share more insights in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more updates on the journey of these aspiring entrepreneurs, and get in touch with us to know more about the program or register for future sessions.